Prints for sale

We are now able to offer a range of high quality digital art prints of images from the archive.  A3 copies (16 x 12 inches) unframed are available for £20 plus postage and packing.

Framed A3 prints are also available in a simple black frame (20 x 16 inches) for £50 plus postage and packing.

We are also able to offer A4 prints of the majority of images from the archive at a cost of £7.50 per print, plus postage and packing. To purchase a print please email  Pennine Heritage at or call us on 01422 844450.

A few of the prints that are now available are shown below. The full range is on display at the Birchcliffe Centre.

We will be posting the full range here on the website shortly.

A chemist’s shop in Hebden bridge, seemingly a special promotion of Andrews Liver Salts.
Stubbings Steps from School Street down to Commercial Street in the 1950s. The building at the bottom was originally the toll bar house on the Lees and Hebden Bridge Turnpike Road.
Weaving at Nutclough Mill with Ethel Crabtree at work circa 1930. On her right is a dobby, a mechanism for pattern weaving.
Mytholmroyd Cloggers circa 1908
‘The Royal Electric Theatre’ on New Road opened in 1913 on what is now the Memorial Gardens. It ceased as a cinema June 24th 1921 when the present day Picture House opened.
The following text is taken from Looking Back at Hebden Bridge by Frank Horsfall & Terry Wyke
A travelling theatre, Blake’s Alhambra, provided the people of Hebden Bridge with one of their first opportunities to experience the magic of moving pictures. It was in 1912 that jack Shaw, a Manchester man, opened the town’s first cinema on Thistle Holme, on a site now occupied by the Memorial Gardens. Officially called The Royal Electric Theatre and hippodrome, it was, understandably, more commonly referred to as the ‘Wood Hut’. Once inside, the patrons of the ‘Wood Hut’ could relax in relative comfort, safe in the knowledge that “in the interests of public health, the hall is regularly disinfected with Jeyes’Fluid” and enjoy films such as ‘Father’ which was advertised as “truly the limit in fine pictures. Over 3,000 feet long”. The Royal Electric Theatre closed down as a cinema when the present Picture House on New Road was opened in 1921.