Farnhill Hall, Kildwick near Skipton. Although much altered, this is a rare survival of a fortified manor house. This 15th century Grade II listed building,was much altered in the 16th and again in the 19th century. Now of 2 storeys but originally composed of a one-storey hall with chamber block and kitchen block at either end, in a single range. The hall was lit by paired tall trefoil-headed lights, 2 pairs of which survive to the right hand side of the doorway. Now privately owned. The notes accompanying each photograph are from a series of lectures first given to the Hebden Bridge Literary & Scientific Society by Mr. George Hepworth around 1916.